3rd International Workshop on Robotics Technology Transfer: Innovation from Academia to Industry (RTT2018)
Aims and Objectives:
The main current research programs have, as specific challenge, the promotion of multi‐disciplinary R&D and innovation activities like technology transfer via use‐cases and industry‐academia cross fertilization mechanisms. The aim is to gear up and accelerate cross‐fertilization between academic and industrial robotics research to strengthen synergies between their respective research agendas through joint industrially‐relevant scenarios, shared research infrastructures and joint small‐ to medium‐scale experiments with industrial platforms.
Aim of this Workshop is to bring the current state‐of‐the‐art of robotics technology transfer into focus through successful examples of conversion of scientific findings from research laboratories into useful products, processes and services. Relevance is given to the innovative content of the developed applications and to their technology and commercial impact, as well as to their contribution to the spread of robot systems and to successful solutions for stable industry‐academia collaboration. This collaboration can be also spread to research institutes, universities, industry organizations and stakeholders, technology transfer offices and governments as well.
As in its previous editions, the Workshop will be focusing on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Examples of conversion of scientific findings from research laboratories into useful products, processes and services
- Contributions to the spread of robot systems into various application fields
- Successful solutions and exemplar practices for a stable industry‐academia collaboration
- Innovative research applications developed through industry‐academia collaboration
- Relevant project outcomes that result in an industrializing prototype with a high TRL
- Innovative actions to help robotics research to be introduced in industry with high impact
- Insights into challenges and into good as well as bad practices in increasing technology readiness levels in robotics
Workshops based on invited presentationsSpeakers will be contacted by the organizers of each Workshop - Once completed, the list of invited speakers will be posted here.
Assisting human operators in the industry 4.0: challenges and perspectives
Organizers of the full-day workshop:|
Aims and Objectives:
Applications of discrete event systems